About a month ago I stole Becky for a Friday night to get her out of the house. I am apparently a little more boring and thought of the usual dinner and movie or run to TCBY, we love going there together. But Becky is much more creative than I am, and came up with the great idea of making purses. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and had not yet taken it out of the box.
We met up at Jo Ann Fabrics, picked out our material and hit up WinnCo on the way home. What would a crazy night of sewing be with out pizza and popcorn and M&M's (my fave).
Many hours later, I think Becky left my house at 3:30 am, lot's of grumbling on both our parts, and 2 well used seem rippers, Becky and I both had very adorable bags. For some reason we kept messing up on the handle and had to redo it several times. I decided I love the sewing part, but don't like cutting. It takes way too long. Becky has made another purse since and said it was much easier the second time around. It may have helped that she got the right materials this time.
Thanks Becky for the fun night, I loved it. Mom, most of these pics are for you, so you can see our handy work. They are not the most flattering pics ever, but hey it was way too late at night to worry about that.
3 comments:
Cute purses! Have you ever seen a meche purse. The one that you can change the front of to make it look like a whole new purse. Love them!
That was so much fun! I'm ready to do it again. Maybe we'll start earlier next to to avoid the late night distress of not understanding what the heck we're doing wrong! (but not willing to stop 'till it's right)...Oh the memories~
Sarah I love how the purses turned out. You and Becky did a good job!
Post a Comment