When I got home I went to a couple doctors and they couldn't figure out what was going on so I gave up and just dealt with it. I kind of have a push through the pain mentality which apparently wasn't such a hot idea.
Turns out my pesky pain is a little thing called bursitis. My new doc figured it out in minutes and I was elated that I finally knew what was wrong and what I needed to do to make it better. Such a good feeling. Turns out I am now in a club with my grandma and according to some googling many other elderly women, glad to know where I stand. Anyhoooo, I have been given a low impact workout regime and by brain is playing tricks on me because I feel the swelling going down already(at this stage of the game this is pretty unlikely). So if anyone is up for shuffle board or bingo you can join the ladies and I at the Senior Citizen Center.

Amy this picture is for you. Remember the good old days? "They are so stingy with their bones!"
5 comments:
Those were the good old days :) Glad you finally figured out what the deal with your hip is....like 15 years later. I am totally up for bingo. Although my hips are in great shape, i do love cross stitching and naps and stuff like an elderly woman. Lets get our moo moos on and chill.
I saw a lady yesterday with the same pesky pain. I am trying to rule out bursitis in her, but I don't know for sure yet if that is what it is, what are the odds?
Bursitis!!! What! I hope you can enjoy 60 more years of shuffle board. You'll have to invent some new low-impact games :)
We need to get together. Call me when you have a free evening or weekend.
Well, you just helped Ben and I figure out what we'll get you for your birthday. You'll love a membership to AARP--there's countless benefits! ;)
Glad to know you know what's wrong. That's always the best--well, at least if you can do something to help it...good luck on your exercising.
Ouch! At least you finally know what it is. Missed you at Sarah's wedding:(
Post a Comment