April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me Numero 29!!!


Yikes, am I really 29? One more year until I leave my twenties in the dust. It was a great day spent with great people, whether on the phone or in person. This time last year I was excited about a new relationship, in denial about the dead end I was heading down at work and trying to figure out this "life" business. Now looking at things through my older 29 year old eyes ;), I am perfectly happy and content with life right now. My kids one day are going to read my journal and wonder what drug I was on during this time period because almost every entry seems to start out with, "I love life...". I have so many wonderful people in my life whom I love and I know they love me. I am so excited about my new career path and going back to school. I have really missed stressing my brain. Life is definitely not always easy, but it is all so worth it. Allowing time for Heavenly Father's plans for us to unfold can be so challanging. Living in a world of everything now is not conducive to this, but letting go and allowing his will to play out is the greatest feeling ever. Discovering how strong and resilient we can be is so amazing and I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and loves us enough to push us to our limits so that we can grow and learn. The more I come to understand him, and myself, I am truly in awe of him and his love. What a gift. So Happy Birthday to me and here's to another year of growth, wonderful memories to look forward to, and continuing on this "life" journey.

12 comments:

williamsfam5 said...

Happy Birthday!!! You deserve and wonderful 29th year! I miss you and wish I could have given you a big hug on your special day!

brit said...

you are so inspiring.

Jason and Amy said...

SARAH! I love you to death! How gorgeous do you look in that birthday picture. DANG :) I love how optimistic and happy you are and always have been. No wonder we have been friends for soooooo long. You always make me happy and cheer me up and always will. Sorry i was far away for your special day and got the date wrong like 50 times :) When your here 17 again and a kiddo combo on me. Love you

Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliette said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear it was a great one! You are so dang cute, I love that picture of you!

Katie Kay said...

Sarah, I am in awe of you and your optimism. You are amazing, and I feel so lucky to get to be friends with you! I'm glad 29 was a great birthday for you, and that I got to spend part of it with you :)

Sarah Pugmire said...

Happy birthday sarah!! That was seriously inspirational to read, thank you for that. Im glad things are going well, and your happy! HERES TO 29 YEARS!!!

Autumn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sarah Dear...
Glad you had a great day! Glad its been such a positive year of personal growth. Here's to a spectacular 29th year!

Love You!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!! YOu are sucha babe and I miss you so much. get down here so we can celebrate!!

Leslie said...

Daughter, how lucky can one mom be to have raised you and treasured every moment of your time here on earth. You have always been a princess, I see you evolving into a Queen. Sometimes you take my breath away, you are so amazing. Your birthday is always a celebration for me, I am reminded of the wonderful gift I got on the day you were born. Love you forever! Mom

Becky said...

It's been "Sarah's Birthday" all week in our household, so please forgive me on being a little late on posting it here. We're so blessed to have you in our lives and Ben and I are glad the girl's have such a wonderful aunt to look up to. You and I have developed a beautiful friendship neither one of us could have ever imagined. I hope your Birthday was great! We love you!

Jennifer said...

Happy late birthday! You are an amazing person and I am so glad you are doing great things! Thanks for inspiring me, as always!