So over the Labor Day weekend I finally made my first trip to the Sawtooth Mountains. They are absolutely beautiful, and I have no idea how I missed them before, they're huge! Brandon thought it would be funny to point out three little mountains and say, "There they are.." I was obviously not impressed and didn't know what all the hype was. Just as I was getting done saying I had pictured higher more jagged peaks we turned the bend and there they were.
The hike was fun, beautiful, steep and rocky. We ate lunch up at Sawtooth Lake, our destination for the hike. I sat and enjoyed the views and may have fallen asleep for a minute. Food coma, what can I saw. Brandon continued on to hike to the top of the peak, I was not brave enough for that one which was probably a good thing.
The whole day made me very grateful for all the beautiful places I have been blessed enough to see or live. I also couldn't help but be grateful for my body and that I had the ability to make the hike. Some things just can't be admired from the side of a road or in a car.
3 comments:
That lake area with the mountains behind is probably the prettiest thing i have ever seen! Loved seeing you this weekend
I have a picture of myself sliding down a little glacier next to Sawtooth lake. There is something so charming about a little snow in the summer. Glad you finally made it to the Sawtooths!
I love the Sawtooths and glad that you were able to make the trip. The tiny mountain joke was funny too.
Post a Comment