I'm sitting in the airport headed for North Caroline. I've got a little time on my hands so I figure, might as well blog. SInce i blogged last my sweet and amazing grandma Jessie passed away. There are not enough words to describe this women. I was lucky enough to go to Nebraska with my parents and say good bye to her in person.
My grandma was the kindest, most loving woman I know. I don't think I ever heard her say a harsh word about anyone. She could just look at you, smile and wink and you knew you were loved. She was strong and faithful. Christ was as much a part of her life as anything else. As she was getting sick and knew she was getting closer to returning to her home in heaven she said to her pastor, "wasn't God good that he let me be healthy long enough to take care of Freddy." My grandfather, her soul mate, past away several months ago and since then she had wanted nothing more than to return to him. I miss my grandma and think about her often. I see her wink in my mind and I can't wait to see her again. I am truly grateful for eternal families and that I have the chance to be with my loving grandma and grandpa again.
The weekend after my grandma's funeral I toured around Colorado with my parents in their RV. We had planned on making a tour of Montana, but since our travels took us elsewhere we decided Colorado would be just as good, and it was. We saw some absolutely beautiful places that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. I fell in love with Colorado Springs and wouldn't mind living there some day. We had so much fun exploring together and catching up. People should travel around in an RV with their parents more often, it's a great way to reconnect.
So time for me to board. Maybe next time I'll tell you why I'm heading to North Carolina. It could be a good story. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment