June 09, 2010

I Turned 30 Once.. And Went to Vegas

So back at the end of April, April 29th to be exact, I turned 30. I was actually really looking forward to this milestone. My twenties were fun, definitely some ups and downs, but overall I think they went pretty well. So I am figuring the best is still ahead of me. I still have so much to do and experience how could they not be. I have determined that my twenties were my trial run as an adult. I learned what I like and don't like, who I like and don't like (referring to the opposite sex here) I really learned about myself. Now I get to take all that discovery and enjoy it. Can't wait. I'm only a month and a half in and so far it's great.

For my birthday I went on a belated trip with my stepmom and sister, two of my favorite women. We wanted to wait till I was done with school so that I could relax and we could enjoy being together. So, as soon as the last final was turned in we headed for Vegas. It was so nice to lay by the pool and do nothing else. We planned to see a show or two, but we spent so much time talking at dinner every night we never made it. It was fine by me the company was better anyway, not to mention I've seen most of the shows I would want to see in Vegas already.

My sister's boyfriend watches some show in the History Channel about a pawn shop in Vegas so we made sure we hit that up so we could find a good souvenir for Aaron. We wanted to make the ladies at the store feel important since they aren't part of the show, but have to deal with the crowds so we took pictures with them like they were the real deal, All in all I would give the trip 15 out of 10 stars. We made some fun memories. Love you ladies!!



Turns out we were lazier than the lazy river and just floated in our tubes in the pool. It was a lot less work. Pretty sure I fell asleep at one point face down on my tube. I was definitely darker on the backside that night, oops


The song "Get Low" (I think that's what it's called) was playing in the streets. A crazy, possibly intoxicated women really wanted us to "get low" so she could take our picture. We obliged. She really had a handle on the operations of a camera, eh
I'm not a gamblin woman but I must have had a lucky arm that day, We walked away with $120 big ones. We were pleased.

This delightful hombre made delicious guac at our table, mmmm

3 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

cant believe you are 30, that is unreal. hottest 30 year old i know. love the vegas pictures.

Erin said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy Belated birthday lady. Let's celebrate.

Scott and Chelsey said...

What a fun way to celebrate!!! Happy Happy Birthday and it helps when you don't look a day over 22! So people just get better with age in every way!