January 24, 2010

The Journey

I have been thinking a bit lately about my life and where I am in this journey. At times a have been very angry, frustrated and confused at the direction my life has taken me and where it has not. Apparently I am a bit more of a control freak than I would like to admit, as I have tried my hardest to go where I thought was best, only to learn I was dead wrong. But I feel I am finally at peace with all of it. So at peace with it that if I am never to get married or have children I will be ok. I realize at reading this some of you may want to say, "Don't worry it will happen" or some such comment. But the reality of it is, we really don't know. I may be blessed with one, both or none of those things. Saying that I will doesn't change anything and really isn't needed. I never know where my journey might take me, but the point is to find joy in where I am. Not lament at what could have been or pine for what may come. I think I have spent too much time over the years doing both. My close friends are aware of the several times relationships have ended quite abruptly and with out any logic leaving me confused. Several of you have probably been more angry than me at times and I love you for that. But in each of those experiences I have learned something new about myself, what I want and so much more. In many cases I discovered the blessings afterward. So maybe there was logic but not the kind we can readily see.

So where am I at in this journey? I am very excited about my studies and where they are taking me. Excited at the possibilities of service even further education would allow. I have so many people who love me and make my day bright. A family that I feel so blessed to be a part of. I get to be aunt to two of the most beautiful and amazing girls in the world. The earth that I live on is so incredibly beautiful. And this should be and is all enough. I'm sure I will still have moments of irritation, but hopefully I will acknowledge them and let them go. I am so aware of my Heavenly Father's love for me and that HE has a very logical plan for all of us. But time is needed to allow it to unfold. I have said this before, but I am so grateful for the times he allows us to struggle, maybe even turn away from him, only to be waiting with open arms.

In the end I want to say that I enjoyed my journey and was aware of all that happened. Not that I was sitting in the corner wishing I could be someone or somewhere else as it all passed me by.

7 comments:

Becky said...

I love you Sarah! And I missed having you out tonight. It definitely gave the evening a different feel. I hope you're doing well. We'll talk to you later!

<3 Becky

Unknown said...

love you.

Scott and Chelsey said...

You are amazing girl. He does have a plan for all of us that's for sure and you touch people's lives everyday with your beautiful carefree soul. I look up to you for taking advantage to further develop and educate yourself and just don't sit around and be a bumb. You are amazing!

Autumn said...

I love you Sarah!

Ashley said...

I love you too Sarah. You are such a wonderful women inside and out. Im blessed to have you as a cousin.

The Petersons said...

Sarah I think you are great too! I love seeing all that you have been doing and you are definitely someone I admire! I hope to see you next time you are in town! It's been too long and I'd love to catch up.

Shannon and Kevin Mills said...

Sarah ...you say it so perfect! I'm a total control freak and hate that I have really no control over where life takes me! And am always trying to plan for the future ... I saw this quote by Sis. Hinkley and totally try to remember it when I get in a funk about how not perfect things are ...
"the trick is to enjoy life. don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead!"
I think you are so positive and proactive about life!