Last Saturday Ben and I made the all day (I don't even want to think about the actual hours) track down to Arizona. We were among seriously hundreds of BSU fans that made the drive and it was fun seeing all the cars adorned with flags, signs, windsocks and more. Every gas station you passed was filled with people heading down to the game.
Arizona was so warm and beautiful. Being there reminded me how much I love and miss it. I am seriously contemplating moving back there when I'm all done with school. One of the best parts of going down there was seeing my best friend Matt and finally meet his wife, Adrienne. To be honest I was a little nervous about meeting her, since I am pretty protective of Matty, but as it turns out I love her. Maybe because she reminds me of me :). After we met she even concluded that I must have prepared him for her, because his mom and sisters are too nice to have. Thank you I guess. Anyways, I am so happy that I have actually gained a friend rather than feel like I have lost one.
Ok, back to the game. It was.... AMAZING. Leading up to the game I had told myself, and others, even though I would be wearing orange I would be cheering for TCU. But something happened while I was sleeping Sunday night because I can only think of one other time I have cheered so hard in my life. I think Ben was confused and in aw all at the same time. I myself was a bit confused by my behavior. But it was fun and I was caught up in the excitement. I think I can finally say that the hate for BSU is gone. Which I figured would happen if people left me alone and let it happen on it's own. I might even continue cheering for them....... as long as they are not playing BYU or U of A that is.
On the way back the thrill was gone we had come to do what we wanted to do and we were tired. It was the longest drive ever. We stopped at the Hoover Dam for a minute, which was sweet, but still longest drive ever. We even managed to run out of gas 2 miles outside Wells, NV and Ben had to flag down a ride to get into town. Also as an FYI don't take the GPS to a big city with out updating, who knows where you'll end up we didn't. PS do you all see how long my hair is getting? Grow baby grow!!!
4 comments:
you look so cute in all your boise state gear :) love that you got to see matty and meet adrienne. im growing my hair out too. miss you friend. love you
You do looks so cute in all the BSU gear. Not many people pull of orange as nicely as you. Glad you had a great time.
Orange is your color girl!!! I will use any excuse to make it to warmer weather lately. When will i see you next?
looks like you ben had a wonderful time! I cant wait till I can get back to AZ too.
love the picks and the one of you at the temple is great. its my fav temple.
Post a Comment