
About a month ago my friend sent me a chain letter. I suppose I have probably racked up about 9 years bad luck in my lifetime of ignoring chain letters. Huh, maybe I should stop breaking them. Anyway this chain letter seemed too fun to pass up, it's an informal book club. You send a form letter to 6 friends and in return you hopefully receive 36 back. You don't have to go out and buy a book you just share one you enjoyed with the person at the bottom of the letter. Yada, yada, yada.
My first book came in the mail today! It was like Christmas I was so excited. I had to prepare for my class tonight and make dinner before hand. It took all I had not to plop down on the couch and immediately start reading.
I sent my 6 letters to my girlfriends I already know love books as much as me. So if you didn't get a letter I apologize, but let me know that you would like to be included and if it comes back around I will be sure to keep you in the loop. To everyone who kept the chain going, happy reading!
6 comments:
so glad it worked!!!!!
Did you send actual letters? Like with paper and stamps and envelopes? I don't even know how to do that anymore.
YOu should have sent one to me, I need a good book.
Let me know what you think about "The Bluest Eye." I read it for a class in college.
Yes Brit a real piece of paper and envelope, crazy huh. And Hay if it comes back around I'll send it too you for sure. I almost did but thought you might be too busy.
I've done two chain letters and sent books out (for Lindsey aged kids) and got nothin' back. It drove me nuts that it just proved Ben's argument right as to why I shouldn't have wasted my time. I'm so glad it worked for you...I always get so disappointed and frustrated at the same time...
So some do work Ben; see!
Post a Comment