January 11, 2009

In Love.......With My Sheets

I have never been too concerned with the quality of sheets that I put on my bed. As long as they are clean and match I am good to go. That was until I got 600 count egyptian cotton sheets for Christmas. I don't really know what all that means, but I do know what it feels like. I think I may have just become a sheet snob. I have been sick this week and have used it as a perfect excuse to stay in my bed longer than normal. If I could still work from my lap top I would have probably called in sick all week just to enjoy working from my cozy, new and improved bed. Thanks Santa!

I did manage to make it to church today and got a new calling I am totally excited about. I think I've been called to be a Relief Society teacher in almost every ward I've been in and I really enjoy it. Not so much because I think I'm a great teacher, but because it gives me more focus as I am reading and studying. Anyway, I am really grateful for the opportunity and just glad it wasn't FHE. Heading into the meeting that's what I thought it might be in my bishop's attempts to make me be more social.

4 comments:

brit said...

Um, I know you know this already but I still love your new profile photos. I giggle and get a little high-pitched whenever I look at them.

Autumn said...

Welcome to the sheet snob club! We are the same way after having great sheets once you can never go back. I refuse to buy anything less than 300 thread count even for the kids. Mike and I stick to the 600, worth every cent, its not like you need 20 sets of sheets.
Love ya!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

You are so cute Sarah, and I could not agree more, good sheets are more important than anything else on the best, even the mattress in my opinion.
And what a cool experience to be a teacher. It seems like you always learn so much in preparing those lessons.

Becky said...

Honestly, I was SOOO jealous of your Christmas present when you opened it. Ever since then, I've been scoping out the sheet sections in stores trying to find the right set just like them.

Oh and congrats on your new calling. I'm glad there are people out there like yourself who enjoy teaching RS, because I am not one of them. YW is one thing, but RS? Not for me...