November 17, 2008

Where I've Been

I've been here and there this past month I guess it's time to report my where abouts. My cousin Ryan got married last month, so my whole family went down to Utah to celebrate with him. I grew up with all my cousins on my mom's side. In many cases it was more like we were siblings than cousins. Ryan and his new bride, Sarah were married in the Manti temple, such a beautiful place. It was so fun seeing all my cousins and all the new little babies that have blessed our family in the past two years. The special treat was I got to spend some quality time with my cousin Amanda. Amanda and I were in the same grade and hung out a lot in high school. For the last few months of my senior year I actually lived with my aunt Carol (Amanda's mom) and fam. I had moved to Arizona but really wanted to go back to Montana to graduate with my cousin. Anyway, Amanda and I laughed and laughed for two and half hours reminiscing about all our crazy times together. It was exactly what I needed that weekend. Thanks Amanda, love you!



After Utah my travels took me to Florida. It was supposed to be all business, but for those of you who know my bosses, rarely is anything all business. So I did get to enjoy Universal Studios, Sea World and my second jump in an indoor skydiving facility all under sunny skys and warm weather. I'm almost ready for an airplane and parachute. I did manage to find some time to work and I think I have done enough shmoozing to last me a few years.




Last and possibly least (I really haven't decided yet) on our way back to Boise we took a detour to Las Vegas for the Madonna concert. My boss, John a couple months ago impulsively bought tickets for Madonna and when no one would buy them we made the sacrifice. I liked some of Madonna's music in the 80's but haven't paid much attention to her since then. But she is Madonna and has been doing this long enough I think she knows what she is doing. What amazed me the most was her energy, she was non stop for two hours and her voice sounded so young. Anyway, for better or worse I can now mark off Madonna on my things to do in my life list. Although I'm not really sure I ever had her on there.



So now I'm back in Boise, back to work and back from the nice little vacation from life that I have enjoyed.

3 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Well, you life sounds quite fun and fast paced. When will you be back for a visit??? We need to catch up, really catch up.

Becky said...

That's crazy to think you did all that in the past month. Glad to have you back though.

Erin said...

Okay, you seriously know how to have a ton of fun! It sounds like you had a great time. The Madonna concert....I'm slightly jealous. Also good to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving.