Yesterday I had to go to the library to find some books for research I am doing for work. As I was approaching the doors I tried to think back to the last time I entered a public library. I am a little embarrassed to admit it's been almost a decade. Don't get me wrong I read plenty of books, but since high school I have opted to buy books rather then check them out. Prior to entering the building I had assumed, for some stupid reason, that everyone else was also buying books these days and doing research on the Internet so I thought the library would be pretty dead.
As I went upstairs to the reference section (I had to ask where that was) I started getting nervous. Would I remember how to find a book? At the book store you just tell them what you want and they get it. The library is a whole other beast, you have to do this yourself. Luckily I discovered that the library is much like riding a bike, at least for me it was. I found my books with out a glitch and gave myself a pat on the back. (Wahoo Sarah!)
I am happy to report that I am the proud owner of a shiny new library card and that the library is anything but dead. There were people of all ages and sizes scurrying around trying to get their hands on a good book. Now that I remember the joys that are the public library I plan on making good use of my new card.
3 comments:
The only time I go to the library is for story time, for the kids. I really ought to check out more books then buy them all.... after all I never read most of them more than once.
Gosh that makes me want to get Lindsey her own card and go do some reading time of our own. Courtney may be a little too young at this point though, unless of course they've changed the rules about being quiet..which I highly doubt. It'd be a good thing for the two of you to do some day if ever you have her for us--or on your overnighter we've been talking about. She sure loves her Aunt Sar'
i have gotten 2 more phones since i last talked to you which means i lost your number AGAIN! How are you? I miss you TONS! love u
Post a Comment