September 02, 2010

Tucson

I've been waiting for my camera that I left it at Josh's, but since he missed his flight last week, I have to wait two more weeks, so guess I'll blog with out any new photos. Anyways, I went to Tucson obviously to see Josh, but also to meet with an advisor at the University of Arizona. I am planning on moving back after this semester and when I found out they have my program there I assumed it was meant to be. But after meeting with the advisor I felt very torn. Their program is very different from the one at Idaho State. Some classes would transfer some wouldn't, I'd have to go back and take 2 more semesters of a foreign language, um no thanks, isn't that what a mission is for? You add in the fact that I would possibly not get in state tuition and you're looking at the cost of a new car......per year. So needless to say I felt frustrated, confused, and with out direction after the meeting. Poor Josh had to deal with me stewing about it the rest of the night. Do I move and not finish school, do I stay in Idaho, do I find something else to do? That night when I got home it was still bothering me. I had felt very strongly that Heavenly Father had directed me to the Clinical Laboratory Science program and we had talked about my near future plans in length a few years ago. Soooo, if he knew what was ahead of me why were things not working out the way I thought they would. Now that should have been a clue right there, the way I thought they would,have I learned nothing? I got down on my knees and had another chat with Heavenly Father expressing my frustrations. He assured me that he did in fact know what was in store for me and that I was to continue with the original plan, going to ISU. Of course in my simple little mind that meant I had to return to Idaho State next fall for my last year. I talked to Josh about all of this and although I know he didn't like it he trusted that I had received my answer.

The rest of the weekend was wonderful. I was staying at the Brown's house. Sheri and Brent, whom I love dearly, are the parents of my best friend Matt. I lived with them before I went on my mission. I had really missed them and loved being able to catch up. My favorite part of the weekend was church on Sunday. Josh was called to be the Young Men's President in his ward and it was so cool to be there when he was set apart and to see all the moms tell him how excited they are that he will be working with their sons. I know he will do an amazing job. After church he made some really yummy Pad Thai, it honestly was so good. But sadly our wonderful weekend came to an end and I had to come back to Boise.

Two days later I had an appointment with my advisor at ISU to make sure I was still on track, since it looked like I would be finishing school there. As Sonja and I were talking I mentioned that I was thinking of moving to Arizona. To my amazement she informed me that I could finish the last year in Tucson. What???!!! She said I could watch the lectures online and find a hospital in Tucson to sponsor me, which means they would sign a contract with ISU to teach me all the laboratory skills I would be learning in the labs at ISU. Ha, I'm sure Heavenly Father was chuckling a little at that.

Long story short, still love Josh, Tucson was great, I plan on moving back, and Heavenly Father always has a plan.

4 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

omg that is amazing about school what a miracle!!!!

Scott and Chelsey said...

UM wow so glad it worked out for you and that you were smart to meet with advisors! THat's awesome girl and way to go finish!!!

Kandee said...

Sarah,
I have lots of room if you need a place to live in Tucson. I am graduating this year from the UofA too!
Lots of love & happy thoughts,
Kandee

Becky said...

:) I just smile when I hear you talk about things. I'm so glad things are working out for you. Well, actually I'm kinda mad because you shouldn't be leaving here--that was so not part of MY plan. But if Josh can promise I will see you from time to time (he doesn't have a choice BUT to agree if he wants my blessing) then I guess it'll be OK. JUST OK. Alright I'm kidding. It's wonderful to see you so happy. You finally get your dreams to come true, and that at times, brings tears to my eyes...good ones obviously.